Tuesday, July 11, 2006

With the death of reason, can the death of love be far behind?

Unimaginable.

Rev. [Donna] Schaper, pastor of Judson Memorial Church in New York City, wrote a recent article for the liberal Jewish monthly Tikkun about the abortion she had nineteen years ago. She says she's "neither bragging nor apologizing."

. . . She even names the aborted child, "Alma," which means soul. She also admits that what she did was the taking of a human life. She even calls it murder:

"I did what was right for me, for my family, for my work, for my husband, and for my three children. I happen to agree that abortion is a form of murder. I think the quarrel about when life begins is disrespectful to the fetus. I know I murdered the life within me. I could have loved that life but chose not to. I did what men do all the time when they take us to war: they choose violence because, while they believe it is bad, it is still better than the alternatives."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to the original site and read the full story, was quite interesting to read the story and all the comments. I am horrified that someone would do such a thing and then claim they did the "right" thing, a PASTOR of all people!

This story reminds me of a great book I read once called "Deadline" by Randy Alcorn. I'd definitely recommend this book, it's a wonderful piece of Christian Fiction and addresses the issue of abortion in a dramatic and impressive way.