Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendor

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This morning, we sang my favorite Welsh hymn, "Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendor." I was introduced to it at Nashotah House, when we sang it upon the occasion of the visit of the Welsh Primate, Archbishop Rowan Williams. Melisa liked it to, so we decided to use it during the offertory at our wedding (which is where the picture came from).

Here our humblest homage pay we,
here in loving reverence bow;
here for faith's discernment pray we,
lest we fail to know thee now.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou art here, we ask not how.
Thou art here, we ask not how.

Hear the tune Bryn Calfaria and read the text of the whole hymn here at the Oremus online hymnal.

1 comment:

Courageous Grace said...

Ah....I like that one too. Wish I could have been there yesterday, but after having oral surgery on Friday I could barely get out of bed let alone sing...Hope all is well!