Thursday, February 07, 2008

A chamber of horrors

“It’s not as scary as it seems. It’s just blood and mucus,” Khoury said, referring to the fetus remains in the device. She added, “You’ll be able to see arms and stuff, but still just miniscule.”

Evans and Khoury also explained the finer points of abortion-clinic etiquette, including some potentially sensitive terminology. Khoury said physicians performing abortions generally refer to the aborted fetus remains as “POC,” an acronym for “product of conception,” and refer to fetus’ hearts as “FH.”

Read the whole thing here at the Bovina Bloviator.

2 comments:

Courageous Grace said...

I really should learn not to read stuff like this when still reeling from postpartum hormones.....makes me literally sick to my stomach...

Fr Timothy Matkin said...

My wife sometimes says, "Why are you looking at stuff that will just make you mad?" I'm not sure of the answer. I guess it's about being wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

We should be aware of the way the world really is so we can make a difference, but not so obsessed with the failures of the world that it takes away our hope.