Monday, July 14, 2008

Mobilizing the Faithful

Photobucket
Dr Michael Howell delivers the keynote address.

Photobucket
A capacity crowd gathers at Ss Peter and Paul in Arlington.

Photobucket
Remain Faithful spokesperson and Trinity, Fort Worth parishioner Cora Werley addresses a question during the panel discussion.

Melisa and I attended the Remain Faithful event on Saturday. I think it was a real blessing to her and I quite enjoyed seeing the laity making their voices heard. We began with a votive Mass for Christian missions at Ss Peter and Paul in Arlington. Dr Bill Dickson from St Andrews, Fort Worth gave the sermon on the Great Commission. I only wish there had been enough room for everyone in the church.

I am told that they expected 150, so they prepared for up to 300 (just in case). But then 400+ showed up. It was a nice problem to have. According to a board member, St Alban's has the most members of any one parish (at least of a week ago).

Dr Howell was very good in his keynote address in the Great Hall. I could have listened all day. We did go more than 2 hours over the scheduled time, but everyone seemed pleased. My thanks to the laypeople who put this together. Keep up the good work.

No comments: